Do you have unwanted hair?
If you’re bothered by excessive hair growth or would like to put an end to waxing or shaving then permanent hair reduction could be the solution for you.
Here at the clinic we offer an entire range of hair removal lasers including the Alexandrite and Nd Yag Laser. We are able to treat all skin types including black and Asian, delivering permanent hair reduction. The number of treatments needed can vary between six and twelve. Please note that sometimes more sessions maybe needed to completely clear an area free of hair.
How many treatments will I need?
Between six and twelve Laser treatment sessions may be required to provide long-lasting reduction in hair growth. Stubborn areas, such as a man's beard, may require more treatment sessions. The interval between treatment sessions is usually four to six weeks, but will vary depending on the area of the body.
The number and frequency of treatments required is also dependent on the density and location of hair, as well as skin type, hair colour and other factors including underlying hormonal issues and medication.
Whats best the Laser?
Not all lasers are equally effective for all the different combinations of hair types and skin colour. For this reason we offer the entire range of hair removal lasers so we can truly recommend the system that is the best suited to your individual hair and skin type. It is essential to look into the recommended laser device for your skin type before beginning laser hair removal treatment.
- Laser Alexandrite (755 nm) – High affinity for melanin. Best for light/medium skin tones. The laser has the ability to penetrate deeply into the dermis. The resultant heat build up in the hair shafts disables the hair follicles in the active growth phase which enables it to achieve effective laser hair removal.
- Laser Nd:YAG (1064 nm) – Less melanin absorption and lowest chance of post-treatment changes in skin pigmentation, especially when pulse duration is lengthened. Best for darker skin.
Why should you come to the Royal Tunbridge Wells Skin & Laser Clinic?
- Permanent hair reduction
- Advanced laser technology
- All skin types treated
- Professional and experienced laser therapists
- FREE consultation and test patch